Wednesday, June 30, 2010

Birthday Girl!

Someone turned TWO!

On one hand, I cannot believe Selah is already 2. But on the other hand, I can barely remember our family without her. She's such a funny little girl. We celebrated her birthday a couple of days early at Echo Lake at my familys cabin. Selah was so excited that it was somebody's birthday and she started singing the song as soon as she saw some presents. It was so funny to watch her face as she realized it was all for her.

I loved this little party dress we got as a hand-me-down. She wore it camping on her birthday!


I didn't think Selah was going to be the princess type, but we got some princess dress-up clothes for her birthday and she loved them, so.......here we go!



Selah makes us laugh out loud everyday. She has turned into a big talker and has the sing-songy voice with adult inflections.

*She loves to sing. Twinkle Twinkle Little Stars is her favorite.




*Selah definately has some sass, but she's also a total love-bug. She loves hugs and kisses and cuddles. When she's scared she comes running to me saying "I got you! I got you!"


*Counts everything at the moment. She usually ends up at 22 but if you give her 23 she'll keep going. Yesterday she made it to 50....skipping a few along the way.
*Loves to dance. Walks around on her tippy toes and can be found often walking throughout the entire house backwards.....saying "Look! I'm walking backwards!" always narrating.


*Loves learning people's names and practicing them, introducing people to each other continuously. "Mommy, that's Octavia!" "That's Grandma Summy!" "Daddy, I'm Selah!"
*Always asks "Where's Finn?" first thing in the morning......then"Where's my oatmeal?"
*Likes to do everything herself. I constantly find her pushing a chair across the kitchen to reach a snack.
*Recently loves dress-up, and wearing everyone else's shoes.


*Is rather polite. As she's pushing you out of the way she'll always say "excuse me."
*Has become a super sleeper. Practically puts herself to bed and takes long naps.
*She's big into pretend now. When I check to see if she's awake in the morning I'll often find her just playing in her crib, pretending to put her monkey and bear to bed, tucking them in, kissing them goodnight. It's so adorable.



Selah is such a little firecracker and a joy to be around. I can't wait to see the ways she'll grow and change this next year. We love our little Selah-bob.

2 comments:

Lina said...

We love our little Selah-bob too!!! Still melts my heart to hear her say my name:)!

Watoosa said...

That is the best version of Twinkle Twinkle I've ever heard! Happy Birthday, Cutie!