Saturday, June 26, 2010

Random Kid Stuff





I've been trying to remember to write down the funny things my kids and their friends have been saying lately. I wish I could remember all the quirky things they do. Here are a few.

Finn eating a date: I’m just gonna eat a couple bites because I don’t really like dates. (bite) hmmm….this makes me feel like I DO like dates……but I don’t really do.
(bite) I’m just gonna take a couple more bites. (finishes date.)



I love watching Finn and his friend Gio. They play pretend so well together.
Gio: I’m Captain Gallaxer the Sea Snake!
Finn: And I’m his pirate!
Gio: Yeah, I'll be a sea snake and you guard the castle!

Later, in a game of Sea Snake Hide and Seek - Me finding Finn: "I found one of the sea snakes!"
Gio's voice from under the bed: I wonder where da odder sea snake is?



The other day I was babysitting Gio, and he came up to me and said in all seriousness, "I’m prolly gonna take my pants off and jump on Finn’s bed now."


A couple of weeks ago as Finn and I were walking home from preschool we shared this conversation:

Finn: Mom, are roses and cactuses friends?
Me: I don't know Finn. Why do you ask?
Finn: Because they're both pokey. I think they are friends. Well.....I think cactuses are the brothers and roses are the sisters.

...five minutes later, Finn gets another random thought....

Finn: Mom, are there a bunch of little eiffles living in the Eiffle Tower?
Me: What do you think?
Finn: I think that there are. But they're not scary little eiffles. They're nice.

I love my Finn. I hope he never stops asking those questions.

Now here are some of Selah's quirks:

Selah: running through the house in a panic. "Mom! Mom! A pig says oink oink!"

Sometimes she just runs through the house yelling, "Chasing!!! Running!!!" I don't know who is chasing her.

She used to call "Mommy! Mommy!" from her crib in the morning. This morning it was: "FINNER MAGOO! FINNER MAGOO!"

Sometimes she will be crying/whining for nothing in particular and then when she finally gets my attention she just says in her most pitiful voice,
"Mommy! Mommy!.......I'm crying!" It's hard not to laugh at that point.

I'll end this post with some great pics of my kids at a birthday party where black cupcakes were served. Yes, it did stain. Enjoy.


1 comment:

Lina said...

Can't wait to see the little tykes!!