Sunday, June 20, 2010

World's Greatest Dad





What can I say about Nate that I haven't already said. He's always been a super hard worker, but this year takes the cake. Much like the year he commuted to UCLA for grad school while teaching, we new this gig was going to be hard. True, we are settled into our own home now, closer to family and I'm not working, so that helps keep the continuity at home, but Nate has lived and breathed this new job since the very first day we moved to Northern California. He went from managing a classroom of 6th graders to managing a whole school including teachers, staff and parents. It's not easy. He leaves the house around 6am and comes home around 6pm (on a good night) and still has time and energy to be the worlds greatest dad and husband. Well, last week he wrapped up his first year as a first-time principal and I am so proud of him! He's still working all summer, but with a lot less stress. And WE get to see him so much more now!! Yay!







Things I love about Nate:

*the kiss and whispered prayer every morning as he leaves for work.
*his zest for life and action on the weekends
*the way he gently disciplines the kids
*his willingness to get up with the kids and make a yummy breakfast on Saturday mornings while I go on my long runs
*his very involved bed-time routine with Finn and finding him asleep tucked into Finn's bed.
*his music. the kids love hearing him play guitar and so do I. No matter how much I've heard him play, he always breaks out with a song I've never heard before. His repertoire is endless.
*his romantic gestures. (for my birthday last week he gave us a journal to share, where we will write notes to each other since he is up early and I stay up late. It's been fun so far.)
*His ability to fix and build stuff. (that sounds so macho but it's true)
*His willingness to eat whatever I make for dinner.
*His love for the outdoors. (we just got back from a camping trip in Fort Bragg where all these shots were taken.)
*most of all, I love how hard he works for our family and how much he loves us.

Happy Father's Day Nate. Finn, Selah and I love you more than you know.

No comments: