Monday, October 05, 2009

Selah's Salon


Today a wonderful thing happened......Selah started playing with my hair! I was sitting on the floor reading to Finn, and Selah walked toward me holding one of my hair ties. She walked around me to the back of my head, as if to say, "Here Mom, I'll put your ponytail in for you." I sort of cringed, ready for a hard yank of my tangled hair. But to my surprise, Selah started playing gently with my hair - for the next 15 MINTUES just letting it slide between her fingers, NO PULLING! She seemed to like the way it felt in her hands. The funny thing is, she kept taking a peek at the front of my head, to check and see how my hair do had changed...like a hair stylist would do. I will be the happiest person in the world if Selah grows up to be a hair stylist. I don't "do" hair. (But I LOVE people playing with my hair!)

With Selah's sassy personality, I better not encourage her too much. She's into being contrary these days. I'd be better off telling her "hair play" is a no no. She'll be sure to do it all the time!

p.s. Finn's latest thing is making up words. He spends most of his alone play time talking - either pretending to say Mass or singing or lecturing.....Today his made-up word was ......"fauk". (yeah...) He's getting dangerously close to a different word there. What should I do? So far I'm ignoring it, assuming he'll move on.... but he keeps throwing it around. (sigh)

No comments: