Friday, October 09, 2009

Catching up....(a.k.a. stalling)

So....I lost my camera, again. This time I think it's for realsies. It's been 3 weeks. I don't mean to point fingers but, I think Selah threw it away in the garbage. I love her dearly, but I wouldn't put it past her. I have seen her do it and I usually retrieve the item, except for when it was my sandwich one time. Man! It's such a bummer - just when there started to be so many reasons to snap photos:

Finn started preschool! And he's loving it!

It's a parent co-op preschool, so I help in the classroom once a week. He is really thriving in there - it's been about 3 weeks now. He has discovered that he loves to cut. Just give him a piece of paper and some safety scissors and you'll come back to a pile of homemade confetti on the floor and a happy kid.

He loves his teacher, Miss Anita. But he talks more about 3 yr old Sophia who thinks he's "a really funny guy" according to Finn.


Selah is saying more words now. This summer, Selah started signing the usuals (milk, food, more, all done, hat, bye bye) and could say mama and dada. Now she says lots more words (baby, pee pee, hi Mama, hi Dada, book, Ni night...) and signs them for extra emphasis. If she wants milk she gets her face really close to mine to ensure eye contact and open and closes her fist (the sign for milk) and then says "muck a muck a muck". I'm counting that as a word by the way......L's are hard for toddlers.


Selah's a good timer. She's pretty independent. She'll follow Finn around sometimes, but most of the time she's exploring something by herself. And now she sings or hums most of the time, lately the tune to "Are you sleeping brother john". It's so cute. She also sings Eee I Eee I O when we sing Old McDonald. But it's more like " Eeee I eeee I eee I eeee I eeeee I....." It drives Finn crazy. "Selah.....say the O!"

2 comments:

Lina said...

Oh, how I miss my wonderful nephew and niece. I am glad things are going well at the beginning of fall. I can't believe Finn's in preschool!!!!! Can't wait to see you guys in November.

Heath Family said...

Wow! Finn is in preschool. I'm so glad he is enjoying it. Selah is so beautiful as well. I love the cute dress in the last pic! Miss you all!