Monday, October 26, 2009

Apple Hill

Finn and I were admiring the Fall colors in the trees the other day while we were driving, and I quizzed him, "So Finn, what season are we in now?" and he replied, "Fall!......and another word for Fall is Awesome!" I almost didn't correct him.

This was a fun-filled Fall weekend! We had a great visit from our friend and Santa Barbara upstairs neighbor, Doug. Here's Nate and Doug standing at the river's edge, just a 1 minute walk outside of our back yard.I forgot how amazing Sacramento looks in the Fall.


And then we joined forces with Dave, Liza and company and headed up to Apple Hill for some Fall festivities at a few of the apple farms there. My family used to go up there when I was little, but it's been years.








I don't know what I like most about this photo. The great look on Finn's face, Thomas' hug or the fact that it's framed by porta-potties and a dumpster! Either way, it's a keeper!


Good ol' family photo


Selah could NOT walk by a fallen apple without picking it up and taking a bite. Apparently she LOVES apples.





Baby Wendy, a.k.a. the easiest baby in the world, just hung out the whole time - taking it all in.


The whole clan at the Reed homestead....overlooking their 4 acres.


On Sunday I peeled myself out of bed to do the Four Bridges Half Marathon. It was so fun......relatively speaking. I've wanted to do this run for a few years now, and now that we are here, I couldn't resist, even though I was ill prepared. I really like the 1/2 marathon distance (I'm not super fast) and this one is a beautiful run circling Lake Natoma, my college rowing stomping grounds. It was a gorgeous day, and I didn't die! Today, however, my whole body is angry with me. Especially my jaw - who knew?


After the race, we headed to Granny Peg's and Papa Toms for some brunch.




Finn and Uncle Josh having a heart to heart on the curb.




Side Note:
Is it just me, or is Selah beginning to resemble the little girl "Boo" from Monster's Inc.




HAPPY FALL EVERYONE!

No comments: