Sunday, November 02, 2008

Halloween Fun!

First of all, I love pumpkin patches as much as the next Nor Cal girl, but 4 trips in one season is about 2 or 3 too many I think. I'm feeling a little pumpkin patched out. Here are some cute pics though.





I love the beautiful organic vegetable garden they have there.




Finn stepped out of his timid shell to pet this big ol' goat.





I love scare-crows. This one was is peeking over the corn maze. It's a pretty difficult corn maze. Last year Nate and I split up in the maze and even though my dad and other family members tease me about being directionally challenged, I emerged from the maze before Nate. He and Finn were stuck in there for a good half hour. Needless to say, we didn't tackle it with two kids this year.



Finn is absolutely fascinated with tractors.


Our 4th and final trip to the pumpkin patch was with our Spanish group that we go to once a week. Here, buddie Taj decided to pull Finn, Daniella, Alleshandra and Solei in the pumpkin wagon.



Finn was stoked to be a fireman this year. (Good! Because this costume is about 2 sizes too big. I've got the next few Halloweens covered!)



Selah was our little fire hydrant. (poor thing).
I'm proud of the originality of this costume, but I only give it a 5.7 in execution. I always seem to make costumes that only last about an hour before they fall apart. Do you think she'll resent me for this one when she's older?


Nate was "fire" and I was "water". Nate's and my (lame) costume took about 30 seconds to put together. As you can tell, we were going for a theme here. We wanted to make it interesting for Nate's school parade on Halloween morning.

6 comments:

Papa Tom said...

NICE. GLAD TO SEE YOUR BACK ON THE BLOG. P TOM

Watoosa said...

I love the family theme! And the fire hydrant is super original! Finn & Selah look super cute.

Lina said...

I don't know... I am pretty impressed with all the get-ups. I am a personal fan of the simple but yet creative. I've been known to show up to several parties as "static cling"... Me with a bunch of socks safety-pinned to me:)

Andy said...

I don't see why you think the costumes are lame, but I agree that Selah's was falling apart all the time. It's a great theme!

Unknown said...

Did someone return your camera? Your costumes are great but I thought it was an elephant...peanut thing this year. What happened? The kids look so cute, oh and you kids look cute too. Granny Peg

Katie said...

Oh yes....the elephant costume didn't make the cut. Finn was scared of it actually. So I had to change course with Selah's costume as well. Maybe next year.