Wednesday, May 05, 2010

Weekends!

Who doesn't love weekends, really? Though the rain keeps coming back for more this year, the weekends have been warm and sunny, perfect for the outdoors. Last weekend was no exception. I had signed up for the American River Half Marathon a while back, and it sort of snuck up on me. I was not that prepared for it. (wait....that's what I said last time.....ugh... I always cram training in for these things!) But I went to the event with a couple of teachers that work with Nate, so it turned out to be really fun (I wasn't a loner like last time.) AND the race went along the beautiful American River Parkway, really close to our house and Nate and the kids showed up along the way on the bike and trailor several times to cheer me on. One time they even handed me my Gatorade. What a sweet family, huh? So supportive.






On Sunday, we decided to go on a hike. We hadn't really done that around here yet, but apparently there are oodles of hikes nearby. We went for an easy walk that the kids could do, with a 50ft waterfall to look forward to - Codfish Falls. It was perfect for our little family, and my useless legs.


The view was awesome the whole time.


Even this view....


I cannot confirm nor deny that any of our beloved state flowers may have been plucked from their natural surroundings during our hike. (It wasn't me)








Selah would have jumped right into the the fast flowing stream if we had let her. It's really fun to see her excited about the water. (That makes one kid.)






Finn made a friend at the waterfall. This butterfly wouldn't leave him alone!






Many more sunny weekends ahead! Yay!

3 comments:

Lina said...

Ah... looks like a great place! I am glad to see you are exploring the area. You'll have to take us to these new exciting places when we're up there.

Sarah and Dominic said...

Cute cute kids. Another observation is Nate shamelessly increasing his apparent biceps with the use of the knee.

Sincerely,

"looks like Nate.... but stockier"

Katie said...

Dominic- Yes, there are a few quotes of mine that I will never live down. Thank you for always reminding me. :-)