Tuesday, April 27, 2010

A Mammoth Weekend!

Three couples, one condo, lots of snow....and no kids! We tried really hard to have a good time.

It was sort of weird driving 5 hours to go snowboarding when we've got it less than 2 hours up the road, but it was worth it to see good friends and make a weekend out of it. Plus, Nate and I really enjoyed the drive, listening to our podcasts and talking. On the mountain we were three boarders and three skiiers and all pretty much about the same speed, which made it so much fun. It was the most intense snowboarding I think I've done, just run after run. Man, I wish we could go all the time.


That's me and Nate...what...you can't tell?


A Josephine sandwich. (Happy Birthday Jos! That was such a fun weekend!)


It's always good to see these gals and their hubbies. We all work hard, so we try to play hard too. There weren't too many shenanigans this time though. A hard day of shredding, chillin by the fire pit, local pizza shack, hot tub, a hilarious game of gestures, (there are some visuals that I can't get out of my head still) a documentary about Reggie Miller (not my pick, but captivating) and everyone in bed around 11:00. No one saw that bedtime coming.



It's probably our last ski trip for the season, bringing the total to a whopping two times. (Man oh man! Hitting the slopes is pricey!)

The kids had an equally good time with family. Thanks Mom and Dad and Joanne and Chris for letting us get away and enjoy some adult time.

1 comment:

Josephine Tournier Ingram said...

that was so fun!!! :)