Monday, May 10, 2010

Mother's Day

I woke up to the pitter-patter of little feet and Nate’s hushed voice trying to stop Finn from coming into my room ahead of schedule with the home-made card. Then the happy squeal of Selah as Nate got her out of the crib (she always wakes up in the morning with a happy squeal of joy and random high-pitched words. “All done blanket! Bye bye teddy bear! Play room! Finn!”) Then Nate plops down a wonderful breakfast for me in bed, and all of us snuggle together there….me with my bed-head (and a photo to prove it) and Selah scarfs down half my breakfast while Finn gives me a play-by-play of how the breakfast was made. I love being a mother. Especially on Mother’s Day.



To my mamas:

Mom~ Thank you for always being willing to help – for being a total worker bee when you come here. For sharing your organizing tips, for teaching me about sewing and gardening. Thank you for answering when I call (like every day) and for listening to me ramble on about nothing. For driving down here on a moment’s notice sometimes and helping. I love the kind of wife and mother you are. You are always cheerful, selfless and lovely to be around. I hope I grow up to be just like you.

Peg~ Thank you for your devotion to Finn and Selah. I love how you play with them and listen to them. I love where our conversations go and how deeply you feel about things. Thank you for Fridays – for giving me that time away sometimes. Thank you for raising such a good man! I am so blessed to have you as my mother-in-law. I mean, you could have been anyone....(there are horror stories out there you know!) and I am so glad you are you!

Happy Mother’s Day
Love,
Katie

2 comments:

Unknown said...

I am the one who is truly blessed. You are a gift to the entire family and the best match in the world for Nate. I delight in watching you mother my two unique grandchildren. I feel so privileged to have actually lived together for two months last summer. I saw daily evidence that your warm heart, late-night spirit, and helpful hands are unmatched in our family. You are truly my daughter-in-love, not just my daughter-in-law.
Peg

Papa Tom said...

Very nice. Pappa Tom