Wednesday, March 17, 2010

Spring at last...



Not sure it's officially Spring yet, but it sure seems like it. This pics are from about 3 weeks ago when we got a glimmer of the sun and then it started raining again. We were so happy to be outside playing and working on our backyard projects. The kids enjoy exploring and "helping" in the garden with me. Mint grows like crazy and tries to take over the flower bed, but I love it! So the kids and I have been picking it and making mint tea when friends come over (with plenty of milk and honey of course) for tea party picnics on the lawn.





Nate has enjoyed getting his hands dirty too...giving the lawn a face-lift. Our lawn was almost 50% weeds.



Selah and the worm

2 comments:

Heath Family said...

Selah is sooo adorable. Love seeing her becoming a little girl. Miss you all! happy spring to you all.

Watoosa said...

I love fresh mint tea--can't wait until it's warm enough up here to start my herb garden. Also, I think I have the same reaction to worms as Selah.
A farmer told us that planting mint around the base of your foundation keeps ants out of your house--apparently they don't like it.