Thursday, March 11, 2010

Selah's Tree

I am LOVIN all the blossoms that are out now! For some reason, I have noticed the change in seasons so profoundly this year - every changing leaf and blooming blossom. Being a new home owner has made me notice every little tree shrub and flower that we have on our property and so naturally I notice them everywhere else too.

A few months ago I drew and painted a big ol' tree on the wall in Selah's room. I had been dreaming about a big wall tree for over a year, so it was fun to finally go for it.


I enlisted the help of our friend Michael and his mad skills at painting. He used to be a designer....he gave me confidence in my drawing since I am NOT an artist.


Ta Da!!!!


I give you......Autumn.


The beginning of Spring...


I look forward to letting Selah take over the decorating of her own tree. Maybe next year! Right now she just tries to rip off the blossoms while she's on the changing table.

2 comments:

Lina said...

So do you paint the lovely tree each time or are the leaves detachable?
It looks great!

Katie said...

Thanks Lina! The green leaves are painted on. The Fall leaves are from YOUR wedding, and some are real from outside. The blossoms are tissue paper. I like the different textures it adds to her room. :-)