Sunday, November 29, 2009

Oh Christmas Tree Oh Christmas Tree!

We've never had a Christmas tree...in 7 years of marriage we've never had a tree. We always leave for Christmas and enjoy our parents' trees. Not this year! We were determined to chop down our own tree. And.....we didn't have to go far.



The previous owners thought it would be lovely to have two nice redwood trees in the front yard. I disagree. I love redwoods, but someday this little guy is going to be a gargantuan monster, dropping needles everywhere. If a tree is going to sacrifice itself for the sake of Christmas, it might as well be this one. (Plus, I'm really looking forward to planting a nice maple or a beech tree in its place.)



Big strong man carry tree!


Nothin but a stump now.



Since this is the first time we have really been able to decorate for Christmas we decided to do it right after Thanksgiving. We waist no time. I love my husband, he's so.....festive! He woke up Saturday with one mission.....to get our home fully decorated for Christmas. It started with the tree, and it just went from there. I've got as much holiday spirit as the next person, but it's not even December yet! I went along with it. We worked all day, shopping, chopping and hanging and unpacking, with non-stop holiday music in the background and eggnog in hand. We're all set now. Ho ho ho.



No comments: