Monday, November 09, 2009

Holy Tomato!

The kids were helping me clear out some weeds the other day when we came across a volunteer tomato plant. I dug it up, since tomatoes are done for the season, and I let Finn and cousin Wyatt replant it for fun in our new garden spot knowing it's not gonna make it. The next day, we checked on it.....and it was looking sad. I told him it was dying and when he asked why, I explained the whole deal about dying and becoming dirt for other plants to grow, bla bla bla the circle of life. Finn was not satisfied with my answer. He just kept coming back with "but why does it have to die, Mom?" He was sad. Finally after a few minutes, he said "Hey Mom, I know why the tomato plant has to die! Because Jesus wants to eat tomatoes!"




1 comment:

HopeE said...

Hilarious!