Thursday, September 25, 2008

Safety First!

We had our first softball game tonight, and we were so fierce!! Our hodge-podge team, "Safety First" is made up of 15 friends who just want to have a good time, and who think joining the city slow pitch league is just the place to do it. Most of us don't have much experience, but we're full of heart and guts. Double win tonight.... we scored more runs than the other team and had NO injuries!

Me and Anna after the game sporting our team t-shirts.




We've started a weekly play date with Vanessa, one of Finn's closest friends. Here's our little picnic in the the front yard earlier this week.



Finn would eat peanut butter and jelly everyday if it was up to him. But every once in a while he surprises me. Atta boy! Eat those brussell sprouts.


Neighbor and good friend Joyce with Selah.



While the kids ate brussell sprouts, we ate these! For our little picnic Joyce bought this delectable little Raspberry Charlottes from a local French bakery. Her language of love is feeding people. I'm happy to oblige. It was a little piece of heaven. They were so cute I almost couldn't eat it. Almost.


Just a few minutes ago, as I was posting this blog....I heard a scratching noise outside the window behind me. Literally inches from my face and only a thin single pane glass window between us, this is what I saw.....

Eeeeew. Raccoons give me the heeby-jeebies.


I can't end a post with that pic. So here's a cute one of my little princess.

3 comments:

Anna said...

Good game, Bruddah.
-Anna

HopeE said...

OH MY GOSH! I *LOVE* your softball team name and shirts! sweeeeet!

Josephine Tournier Ingram said...

I can't wait to play in the next game! Hopefully I won't have an injury...GO SAFETY FIRST! :)