Monday, September 22, 2008

Stayin' at Home

I've really been enjoying Finnegan and Selah lately, as I'm getting used to my new role as a stay-at-home mom. We've been visiting Nate for lunch a lot at his school, something I couldn't really do before when I was working part time.


Finn has been so quirky lately. He is definitely trying to boycott his nap these days. (I'm not ready to let it go!!!!)I thought this was cute, falling asleep like he's just chillin - with his legs crossed.


On Sunday I said, "Finn, grab your shoes and let's go." He came around the corner wearing his rain boots and Fireman's hat. I wanted so badly to be a cool mom and let him wear them to church. But alas, I was a lame boring mom and didn't.



After church, Finn wanted to try on his new elephant costume. Then he looked in the mirror and got scared (of himself) and then just wanted to cuddle with Mom and Dad. He promptly fell asleep and took a 3 hour nap. I just can't figure this boy out sometimes. I guess the nap protesting just caught up to him, and it took a scary elephant costume to push him over the edge.


Our cute little cottage. This has been the perfect home for us...for now. With just under 700 sq ft we (our friend Doug lives in the studio upstairs) occupy every little corner of this house. But since the weather in Santa Barbara is so great, we basically live in the front yard.


Finn loves it when we play guitar for him (mostly when Nate does, but he'll tolerate my playing too.) He can now do the strumming while I change chords. I hope he's musical when he grows up!


I took this video a few weeks ago. Selah can do the one-eyebrow lift just like me!

3 comments:

HopeE said...

Oh my gosh! Do you guys make the prettiest babies or what?!?!

Blogging with the Barnett's said...

I love the video of Selah. You are a great mommy!

Unknown said...

I LOVE that i can SEE little Selah... from Chicago! How adorable... I want to give her a little SQUEEZE! miss you guys!