Tuesday, March 20, 2012

Full house

I have a new job! Sort of.  It's my same mom-job, plus 3 more kids! I always knew I'd like being a mom, but I never expected to be doing this much childcare, and enjoying it! My sister just started doing some accounting part time, and she hired ME as her childcare. So twice a week now, my house is super full. And when I drive anywhere with all 6 kids I just look like a crazy person.





We have a good time. On the days that I have all the kids, I find that I'm more organized, believe it or not. I may not get as many things crossed off my own to do list, but I'm way more intentional with the kids. I have organized snack times and play times and craft times and clean-up times and nap and movie times. I'm kind of a better mom on those days. ;-)  It's all about damage-control really.


The two little ones are starting to interact with each other more now. Taylor and Serin are 3 1/2 months apart.
bell bottoms baby.
 Taylor is so stinkin cute. And she has BIG personality! I really enjoy having her.

Finn's at school most of the day, so that leaves Selah to play with Eli and Wyatt. They do well together. They like to play outside a lot together, and they also all like some art time, so I've been trying to be more creative in that department. The other day we made my favorite new super easy "spy binoculars"craft from old paper-towel rolls. There wasn't much art involved in this, but it was a nice day outside, so they got to explore outside with them. They spied on our neighbors.






When Finn gets dropped off in the afternoon everyone usually gets a second wind. This typically involves indoor wrestling, jumping on the tramp or leaping over furniture.

I need to remind myself that this time is so precious, with most of these kids not in school yet. I hope they always remember how much fun they have with each other. Nate often talks about growing up so close with his cousins. I'm glad my kids have that too. And I'm glad I'm there to enjoy it with them.
Cheers!

1 comment:

Lina said...

Precious times indeed! Can't wait until Muira gets to join in all the fun too!