Monday, January 16, 2012

9 months in, 9 months out.

Serin is 9 months old now. She is a hoot. I love her so much. We all do. She is the most easy-going baby in the world. People always ask me if she's always this easy-going. The truth is, she's almost easier when they see her on the go than she is at home. The poor kid has to sit in her car seat from 7:30 to at least 9:00 every morning as I shuttle kids to school and preschool. And she just does it. Without complaint. She used to sleep a lot during that morning run-around. Now she just hangs out and listens and watches the rest of us scramble, probably shaking her head that we're always running late.

Serin is my little one. She seems a lot smaller than Finn and Selah were. She's long and thin and she really clings on to you when you hold her. I love it. She's a little monkey. She's been crawling on hands and knees now since right before 8 months. (she army crawled for a couple months first) Now she is absolutely everywhere, and now she's pulling herself up to standing. Her favorite thing to get into is paper. She likes to flap it around and then tear off a little corner and eat it.  We are constantly on choke-patrol.  She loves eating now.  Prunes and sweet potato are favorites. She took a while to get into the whole solid foods thing, longer than my other two. But Serin's just a little different in a lot of ways. She's more mild-mannered so far too. I wouldn't be surprised if she's on the shy side as a kid. That's ok though. Finn and Selah are such performers....someone's got to be in the audience. :-)   But she does light up when we come into the room. Especially with Finn. They've got a special little thing.

Here are some photos of her....over the past 3 or 4 months. (I've really gotta get on it!)














Sometimes things happen without your knowledge when you have a 3yr old and a baby in the back of the car together.









Finn and Serin have a special little bond.


This is me getting paid for watching my OWN children!

1 comment:

Sarah said...

Nine months! My how time flies. She's adorable Katie, thank you so much for the stories.