Thursday, December 30, 2010

Babies

Today I had an ultrasound to check out the growth of this wonderful kicking baby in my ever growing belly. I already had my 20 week ultrasound 7 weeks ago, but the results showed a slightly larger ratio in head size to body size than normal (I sort of had to chuckle when they told me that because a larger Monley cranium is no news to us......) But I humored them and went along with a follow-up ultrasound for a later date (today) to see if the ratio had changed. They said they weren't worried, it's probably fine. I said I wasn't worried either. I know my kids have big heads, and I've tried shopping for hats for my husband........it's because he's so smart!  :-) You have to hand it to Kaiser for being extra extra diligent. They screen for everything under the sun. I also had a 2nd glucose test today for gestational diabetes (I had one at 16 weeks....drink nasty sugar water, wait an hour, get blood drawn) just because my babies are 9 pounders. Anyway, I think a doctor will analyze the results of today's ultrasound and give us an official report, but the tech did say that "the head matches the body more now." And then before I left he questioned how far along I was because......the baby is measuring 2 weeks larger than the due date suggests! We might be looking at a 10 pounder folks! Just when I was getting excited about a possible VBAC delivery.....yikes!

Since both later ultrasounds the baby was face down, we don't have a cool profile shot yet. So here's one from our very first ultra sound, when Baby Monley's arms and legs were still little nubs.




December has been a month of babies! Between good friends and my sister, we've welcomed 5 babies in December before Christmas (including a set of twins!). I think they delivered them all in reverse order too! The ones who were due at the end of the month, had theirs early and my sister was due a bit earlier and had hers last. All healthy! That's what matters. 

I had the honor of being present for my sister's delivery of precious little Taylor Kathleen Berry. She was born a few days before Christmas in what must have been the speediest delivery of all time. I was there along side my mother, ready to encourage my sister through this amazing experience that usually lasts more than 30 seconds...right!? Taylor was born before I could even get comfortable in my position as holder of Joanne's right leg. It was so incredible to watch and my sister made it look so easy! She's a rock star mom!
Happy family of five. And...two big proud brothers to give all of her future boyfriends a hard time.

Baby Taylor a few days old, I am in love with her!

At 8lbs 14oz I know she's a bigger newborn, but all newborns are just so tiny! She weighs nothing!

And fresh off the press, here are some professional shots of the little one-week old, Taylor. Isn't she so cute!!!!


No comments: