Wednesday, December 30, 2009

Christmas Recap

I love Christmas! We spent a lot of time with family before and after Christmas, but decided to do Christmas morning just the four of us in our new house - starting a new tradition. I thought I should come up with a yummy Christmas morning breakfast idea - cinnamon buns from scratch. Sounds good, huh? Our Christmas Eve was comical. After returning from Christmas Eve Mass in Yuba City with my family, we drove home late, woke Finn up to put out the reindeer food that he made in preschool and the cookies for Santa and shuffled the kids off to bed. Nate and I were up until SO late, wrapping presents for our gift exchange the next day with family. I had to make an 11:30pm drive to our local 7-11 (the only place open in the entire world) for milk and eggs, essential cinnamon bun ingredients. We just sort of chuckled as Nate was ...assembling.... and I was kneading dough at midnight. It was just funny...All very worth it of course, as we watched Finn and Selah experience the magic of Christmas the next day....I mean, a few hours later. (Once a crammer, always a crammer I guess.)













No comments: