Sunday, August 23, 2009

The Yolo County Fair!



The corn dogs are how much?

What is it about fairs in the summertime? I swear the temperature raises ten degrees as soon as you step through the gate. The Yolo County Fair was no exception. It was hot. It's just a couple miles away from us here in Woodland, so the kids and I ventured out last week. This was their first fair experience. Finn was awe-struck. It was fun to see him freak out over every little thing.










"We've got a winner! Tell him what he's won Johnny." This young man has won a flimsy inflatable baseball bat that's awkward to hold and is bound to lose his interest within 4 minutes. Well worth the $5.00


I thought this was funny....this little tri-tip sandwich shop..

...was parked right next door to these guys

...I wonder if they were nervous.

Selah at 12:00pm


Selah at 1:00pm


We made it about an hour before we melted and came home. I know I'm making fun of it a bit, but I love fairs. It was a fun day. We're hitting the State Fair real soon and I can't wait!

2 comments:

Heath Family said...

Selah is just so darn cute! Glad you had a fun time with the kidlets!

Josephine Tournier Ingram said...

I love that photo series of all four of you in the booth! Would be an awesome Christmas card this year! :