Thursday, August 20, 2009

We have arrived!...........


I cannot believe the day has finally come. That's right everybody.....we are HOME OWNERS! Wooooo Hooooooo! I could not be more excited about this. We found the house on our second day of looking and promptly put an offer down. There is so much more involved in this process than I thought. After a few offers and counteroffers, the appraisal and the property inspection, countless emails, more papers to sign than I care to see ever again and almost 50 days of escrow....IT IS OURS!

As I was driving to the house for the first time yesterday as the rightful owner (alone, Nate was working and Granny Peg had the kids) I found myself in a funny moment. I was sort of nervously excited and no one was there to talk to. I broke out in the giggles. When I was few miles away from the house I started frantically searching the radio for the perfect song to accompany this momentous occation - a Jerry McGuire moment if you will - only I couldn't find Tom Petty's "Free Falling" on any of the Sacramento stations. (man, that would've been perfect) It ended up being a Nervana song. Sacramento loves their grunge. Oh well.

So, this is a BIG first! Our first home! It's in a pocket of Sacaramento that I know and like, it's a quarter acre, right on the American River, more square footage than we were even looking for, a sizable yard and tons of potential.

I took the kids over there today and they had a good time running around the empty house.


I had to go over there to water the lawn - the previous owners let it go a bit as they were leaving. :-( My mom assures me it will come back. Just beyond that corner is a river walk that goes for days along the river. We are so stoked about that!


Grapes already a'growin in the yard! (that's Gordan, a dog-friend of the family.)




We can't wait to move in, but the first order of business is removal of the popcorn ceiling. Anybody want to join us on Saturday for an exciting day of scraping? It'll be fun! BYOM. (bring your own mask.)



More pics to come.

4 comments:

Lina said...

Yea!!! I am excited for the you folks! It looks like a good time already:)

Beth Wirth said...

Congratulations on the great place, Monleys! We cannot wait to see it in person. WOO HOO!!
~Beth and Court

Heath Family said...

Congratulations Monleys! This is so exciting for you all. Enjoy settling in.

Unknown said...

Congratulations on the new house! Post more pictures please. :)