Tuesday, September 27, 2011

Her first day.

Just months after Finn left Ms. Anita's classroom, Selah took his place. She seems so young to be in there! But she really does fit right in. She already knows the room, and a few of the other kids (other little siblings) And she LOVES Ms. Anita.

Lately she's been boycotting my camera though. Here's what happens when you say "smile."

 And here's "Don't smile. Don't you dare smile." At least she's predictable.
  I got to see her whole first day of preschool right up close because it was my day to work in the classroom. Since it was my turn to bring snack for the kids, Selah was "snack kid" and got to choose what song to sing before snack and she got to bring in a "something red" show and tell item from home, a tambourine. (pretty random)


Since I didn't ever get around to a birthday post, here's some fun facts about Selah as a 3 year old:

*Likes drama. We're talking BIG reactions. (see the first two pics) Highs are high and lows are low. If you give her the tiniest little present she's truly overjoyed and it's her favorite thing ever! And if you tell her it's nap time you've ruined her life and the tears will flow. There is no in between.
*She's so funny. I often hear her yelling stuff like "Finn! Stop antagonizing me!" and other adult phrases from me and Nate.
*She's smart! She knows her letters and letter sounds and numbers, and she's pretty good at picking up on social cues.
*She's a singer and dancer. She can't just wear anything when she dances though. It has to be a skirt. And that skirt has to move around when she twirls.
*She can shake her hips and shoulders like she's more mature than she really is. Yikes!
*She has strong opinions about what songs we should listen to on the radio. She's a big Black Eyed Peas fan. And she's been known to just start belting out Katy Perry's, Fire Work. "Baby you're a firework! Come on let your colors burst! Make 'em go ah ah ah!"
*She likes to play with my hair while I'm "computering." (and I love it.)
*She's the produce bandit. Loves to eat a whole piece of fruit or vegetable and she'll melt down if you cut it. A whole apple, a whole peach, a whole carrot, a whole tomato. It's cute and healthy and funny....until she swipes that one last tomato that you had earmarked for dinner or that one last apple you thought you'd slice up and share between 3 people.
*She substitutes a "th" sound for the "F" sound only in words where there's an "fl" like in flower, fly, float and firefly. She says "thlower, thly and thloat...and firethly"
*She is GREAT with Serin. She always has been. She already looks out for her.
*Selah has such a tender heart. This is a common interchange between us when we're cuddling:
 Me: "I love you. You're my little girl."
Selah: "I love you too Mommy. You're my lady. And Daddy's my man. My big strong man."





dancin in her new birthday dress

Granny Peg made the coolest quilt for Selah. You can dress up the paper dolls!


Selah was a little gymnast this summer.

She's my crafty kid. And she always wears the same outfit while she paints. Her "painting shirt and crazy fishy pants."

2 comments:

Lina said...

Love our Selah bob!! Great shots of her in the backyard. Did you take them? You're beginning to be quite the professional:)

Katie said...

Oh no no no...I wish I took those. That was a day we had a professional photographer over to take family photos this summer at our family reunion.