Wednesday, June 22, 2011

2 Months....wait...almost 3!



This post is a little late. Serin is 11 weeks old now, but I just can't seem to do anything on time these days. I find myself constantly re-prioritizing throughout the day. I guess that's to be expected with 3 kids. At her 2 month appointment, she was 11lbs. 12 oz. and 24 inches long. So she's gained all that weight she lost in the beginning, and then some! She's somewhere in the 75th-80th percentile....and my smallest kid at this stage! She still has tons of hair! My kids have all been pretty identical in that way. We'll see what happens next. Baldness like baby Finn or fo-hawk like baby Selah? She's got blonde roots coming in though so...another toe-head? She is cooing all the time now and does these random big gasps of air all the time! (Granny Peg tells me its a Swedish thing.) She hates having a wet or poopy diaper. (ps. Shout out to Christi: Thank you for all those newborn cloth diapers!) Serin LOVES watching her older brother and sister. She seems to know their voices now and always looks around for them when they're near by. And they are so sweet to her. :-)

Serin is shaping up to be the typical 3rd child that I had heard so much about. She just goes with the flow. She sleeps a ton and is so far pretty mild-mannered. Her highs are not that high (no giggles yet. Just cracks a smile here and there) and her lows aren't that low (very little fussing). I thought I outta wait several weeks to make this next claim just in case it was a fluke.....but she sleeps through the night! She sort of always has! Pretty much since we came home from the hospital that first week, she started with some nice 5-6 hour stretches right away and then longer and longer and now it's like 8 or 9pm until 6 or 7am! I am way more rested than when I was pregnant! It seems to have nothing to do with our parenting. Selah didn't sleep through the night until 18 months old!  Needless to say, I am VERY grateful for this precious gift Serin has given me.  When mommy is rested, the world is a happier place for everyone!

 Here's our little sleeper.





Signs that Selah has been here.......







Serin meets GG!




No comments: