Wednesday, September 01, 2010

The Newest Addition To Our Family.....

Trampoline Time!



We were at a neighbor's house a few weeks ago, getting some free tomato plants and as we walked by a pile of springs and poles, they said "Oh, by the way, that's a trampoline if you want it. We're done with it." "Um...yes please" replied Nate. (We don't usually turn away free stuff.) Ten minutes later our neighbors and we were setting it up in the backyard.

We had one in the backyard in high school and my sister and I spent COUNTLESS hours on that thing, trying to out-do each other in tricks. (I never won. Joanne was the real gymnast.) We would sleep on it, put the sprinkler under it, cover it with soap (not recommended, but slippery fun).... trampoline fun is endless. I was sad the day my parents got rid of it....when I was 25.

Now we just need some safety pads to cover up those pesky springs. No injuries yet.....but I've seen it happen and done it myself. We take it easy on ours. And there are lots of RULES and supervision when kids come over.



We were filthy that first day until we scrubbed it down.









Finn took to it in a millisecond. Now he's doing tricks left and right and loves to get bounced by Mom and Dad so high until that look of joy and excitement turns to total terror. (It's kind of funny to watch.)


Selah loves it too. She tries to do everything Finn can do, but she's still so light that she just gets thrown around if anyone else is on it with her.




Not trying to be show-offy but the timing of this shot is pretty sweet, right?!




How do the kids feel about the new toy?




Come over and jump with us! (Just sign this waiver first.)

2 comments:

Beth Wirth said...

Holy cow! What fun. I love seeing those Monleys and their flying antics. I can't believe how big Selah is! Tell her that Baby Sonny misses her.
xoxo,
Beth

Mark Bornstein said...

I want to come bounce!! Seat drop war.... ON!!