Wednesday, June 10, 2009

Officially in my thirties......

I know, turning 32 means I've been in my thirties for a couple years now, but for some reason I just felt the weight of it this year. In a good way. I thought I would feel a lot older when I was in my thirties. I don't. I feel.......I don't know...... 27. Last weekend Nate and I were skateboarding down by the beach and I thought to myself, "Self.....you are only as old as you feel."In that moment, I was only 27 or maybe 25 even, so there! The 30s are the new 20s.....right guys?

My birthday was wonderful and it started with breakfast in bed....which was a challenge for Nate I am sure because we are trying to clean out our fridge instead of buying new food, since we move in a few days. And it ended with a LATE night of "catch phrase" with good friends. It got loud. It got ugly. But in the end, the ladies won, I think!



Modeling my new birthday shirt Nate got me from the EcoZuzu line, designed by one of my best friends, Josephine. I love it Jos!


My special day also included a walk along the pier in the early morning with the fam, an incredible Swedish massage (from a gift certificate my boss at Westmont gave me a year ago as a going away gift from my job. I like to wait for the "perfect" time to use stuff like that) a mini-Ultimate race designed by friend, Bdog (no, I did not win) and a drink with friends at a fun restaurant. A birthday to remember for sure!

1 comment:

Josephine Tournier Ingram said...

The 30's are the new 20's! Especially in your case Katie! HAPPY BIRTHDAY!!!!!! xoxo