Monday, July 07, 2008

Home at Last!

After 3 nights and 4 days at the hospital, it's nice to be back in our own beds. Selah is one week old today and fitting in nicely into our little family of four now. All she does is sleep and eat. She rarely cries. I realize this might change, so I'm just enjoying it while it lasts. The last two nights, I've been able to get a couple of 6 hours stretches of sleep in a row! I love this kid!!



Thanks Cottage Hospital. We enjoyed our stay. Your nurses rock and the food wasn't half bad.



This is one of my favorites photos so far. I caught her during the 30 minutes she was awake yesterday.



Precious.




Funny dream?



There's just something about dressing a baby girl that brings me back to my cabbage patch doll days. I think my doll (Esther Gladys - remember they came complete with a name and a birth certificate) had a dress just like this one.




First home sponge bath and not happy about it. I think I actually heard her say between sobs, "I promise I won't ever get dirty!!!"




While searching for her "happy place" Selah discovered her thumb. She hasn't found it since, but I think she'd like to be reacquainted soon.


My folks have been a HUGE help during this transition. "Grandma Summy" has been here since a few days before delivery and took care of Finn while Nate and I stayed in the hospital. Now that we're home, my mom has been making large quantities of food for everyone and my dad has been sharing some much needed silly one-on-one time with big-brother Finn. Everyone has taken their turn holding the "Selah the Snoozer" as well.

At Shoreline Park




Grandma Summy and Selah



Grandpa Summy watching "The Selah Show" as she changes expressions in her sleep.




Snoozing partners.




Finn's new toddler bed! (actually just his crib with the gate removed) But he's ecstatic anyway!



And this shall be how I dismount the bed!


Finn enjoyed some time with Thomas, Ramona and paper hats today, thanks to neighbor friend, Joyce. His intense stare is pure concentration on keeping the hat from falling off. It fell off soon after, and the meltdown ensued. It's tough being two.

1 comment:

Anna said...

My cabbage patch was named Marlo. For reals. Remember the lgo tattoo on their butts?